Investment agreement and takeover offer
On 23 November 2021, Aareal Bank signed an investment agreement with Atlantic BidCo GmbH, a bidder company (the “Bidder”) held indirectly by financial investors Advent International Corporation and Centerbridge Partners, L.P., alongside other investors including the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), which holds a significant non-controlling interest.
- The bidder company published the related offer document on 17 December 2021.
- The Management Board and Supervisory Board of Aareal Bank AG published their reasoned statement concerning the offer on 27 December 2021.
- On 18 January 2022, the Bidder has announced amendments to the offer.
- On 20 January 2022, the Management Board and Supervisory Board of Aareal Bank AG published a supplementary reasoned statement concerning the amended offer.
- The Bidder increased its offer price on 26 January 2022.
We have compiled the relevant key information for you on this page:
- Bidder press release dated 26 January 2022
- Supplementary reasoned statement of the Management Board and the Supervisory Board dated 20 January 2022
- Aareal Bank press release dated 20 January 2022
- Amendments to the Offer by the Bidder dated 18 January 2022
- Reasoned statement of the Management Board and the Supervisory Board
- Aareal Bank’s press release dated 27 December 2021
- Bidder’s offer document
- Aareal Bank ad-hoc disclosure dated 23 November 2021
- Aareal Bank press release of 23 November 2021
- Aareal Bank investor presentation of 23 November 2021
- Financial investors’ website
- BaFin information page