Charitable and Social Organisations
Commitment of Aareal Bank AG:
- We have been supporting the Zwerg Nase-Stiftung in Wiesbaden as a foundation member and sponsor for many years. Our annual Christmas donation and the money raised from our corporate gifts tombola also go to the Zwerg Nase house. The Zwerg Nase foundation aims to provide simple, unbureaucratic help to parents with disabled children.
- Aareal Bank also supports Fit for Familiy Care gGmbH, a non-profit organisation for child care and youth services in Wiesbaden. Among other things, Aareal Bank employees read a story to a kindergarten group every Wednesday.
- Managers and specialist staff from the Company have the possibility to take part in the Common Purpose regional training programme every two years, if necessary. Managers from business, charitable organisations and the public sector work together in small groups over the course of a year on issues affecting their area.
Commitment of Aareon AG:
- Since 1997, Aareon has supported Deutsche Entwicklungshilfe für soziales Wohnungs- und Siedlungswesen (DESWOS) in Cologne, as a member and as a donor. In the year under review, the € 10,000 donation to DESWOS went to a project in Ruanda. It will be used to fund the construction of a girls’ dormitory for the École Secondaire Rusumo boarding school in the south-east of the country. DESWOS works to combat homelessness and poverty in developing countries. The foundation is supported by the associations making up the Bundesverband deutscher Wohnungs- und Immobilienunternehmen and their members.
- Pfarrer-Landvogt-Hilfe e.V. is a group that offers help, advice and care to homeless people. Our annual donation goes toward the cost of a part-time social worker.
- Mainzer Hospizgesellschaft also receives an annual donation from Aareon. The company’s contribution helps the Mainz hospice to keep its hospice and palliative counselling service for outpatients running. Paid and volunteer hospice staff support the dying and their families at home free of charge during one of the most difficult times imaginable.