Education and Academic Research
Commitment of Aareal Bank AG
- The Bank co-sponsors the Institute for Banking History (IBF – Institut für bankhistorische Forschung) in Frankfurt am Main. Through this involvement, we aim to help make historical experiences in the financial sector accessible for modern-day practice. The IBF has promoted academic research into banking and financial history since 1969. With its wide range of publications and regular events, the IBF informs the wider public about the historic roots of the banking industry.
Commitment of Aareon AG:
- Starting with the winter semester 2015, Aareon AG will endow a professorial chair in business information systems at the EBZ Business School – University of Applied Sciences in Bochum. Aareon Group anticipates that this involvement will help enhance the IT solutions used in its own business, in addition to providing fresh academic insights.
- Aareon has been a sponsor of the Institute for IT in the Property Industry (Immobilienwirtschaftliches Institut für Informationstechnologie) since 2010. This is an independent platform for information technology research projects.
- The Aareon IT Prize for information technology is awarded twice a year at the Hochschule für Wirtschaft und Umwelt Nürtingen-Geislingen (HfWU).
- The company also sponsors the DW Die Wohnungswirtschaft – Zukunftspreis der Immobilienwirtschaft and the ”Property Manager of the Year” innovation prize.
- The “Lerninsel” programme has been equipping promising vocational trainees with the skills to become tomorrow’s leaders in the property industry since 2005. This joint initiative by Aareon and the Verband norddeutscher Wohnungsunternehmen e.V. (VNW) as well as other associations organises intensive training courses every summer.